Webworx International Pty Limited (ACN 085 974 072)
1. Purpose of Agreement
This Service Level Agreement (SLA) defines the services and service levels between the service provider,Webworx International Pty Ltd (Webworx), and the customers of that service (Customer). This SLA is designed to cover service related terms and conditions, costs, roles and responsibilities and provides a framework for communication, problem escalation and service resolution.
2. Length of the Agreement
The initial SLA period is for a minimum of one month and will continue until either party terminates. The SLA will be reviewed and modified, where appropriate, on an annual basis. The SLA limits service to those specifically described under Section 10 of this document or an amendment to this SLA. The customer may cancel service, after the initial one month minimum requirement, by providing 30 days’ notice, in writing, to the Webworx Account Manager. The customer must pay the full balance of the account within 14 days of receiving the final invoice, which may include charges incurred or billed after the date of the cancellation notice. The agreement begins when it has been signed by both parties and will automatically renew each month.
3. Service Description
Webworx offers professionally managed Linux and Windows systems administration for Customer owned servers, either physical or virtual. Support services may include server hardening, planning, installation, configuration, security patches and updates, troubleshooting, monitoring, documentation, assistance with implementing a data backup strategy that meets the business requirements for the Customer and also for third party application installation and configuration. Any services provided outside of scope of this SLA are subject to additional charge. Under normal circumstances, Webworx staff is available between 9 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday, with an afterhours emergency support available 24/7.
4. Cost Schedule
Webworx will provide the customer a detailed Cost Schedule that explains the services to be covered by this SLA.
To make a Service Request or report an Incident, the Customer must contact Webworx via one of the following methods. Please provide information that the report is for a Managed Server Support Customer along with the server name, if known:
- Contact support on Phone 1300 554 678 (This is the best method for emergency support)
- Send an email to Webworx Support
- Submit a support ticket via https://my.webworx.net.au
When calling outside of regular business hours, a voicemail can be left or, where applicable, it is possible to follow phone prompts to be connected to an after-hours operator. Be sure to provide your name, department, that you are Managed Server Support customer and the server name, if you know it. This information will allow the operators to more quickly identify and look up the correct person to escalate the call to.
A Service Request means any request made by a customer to the Webworx team for routine operational support. During normal business hours, Service Requests will be responded to within one (1) business day after notification to the service provider. Service Request changes will be made during normal business hours. Requests made after normal business hours may not be responded to until the following business day. If an Incident or Service Request is not responded to with the response times outlined above, the Customer may escalate by directly contacting their assigned Webworx Technical Contact or your Webworx Account. Please refer to the ticket number when escalating.
An Incident means any interruption of the normal function of the server where it is severely malfunctioning. During normal business hours, Incidents will be responded to within one (1) hour after notification to the service provider. Reports made after normal business hours may not be processed until the following business day. After-Hours requests for support and emergency support will be fulfilled on a best-effort basis.
6. Routine Maintenance
Because the central IT environment is regularly upgraded to allow for growth and change in the use of information technology, the Customer must expect routine maintenance to be scheduled periodically to comply with new standards and upgrades. Webworx will notify the Customer when such work is needed. Growth or change initiated by the Customer may warrant a Service Review of their current environment.
7. Optional Data Backups
Customers may request data backups subject to additional charges. Webworx will work with the Customer to implement a data backup strategy that meets their business requirements.
Each Customer is the owner of all data and is expected to use their professional judgment in managing risks to the information and systems they use and/or support. As the custodian and systems administrator of the system, Webworx will make recommendations based on the site’s data classification and risk assessment as determined by the Customer. Webworx will implement owner approved solutions to protect the data. All security controls should be proportional to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements of the data processed by the system. Webworx will not be held liable for loss or compromise of data due to improper data security controls.
Webworx responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- Offer server provisioning and operating system management. Operating system patches are reviewed for their criticality as they are released. Routine patches are applied on a consistent basis in order to minimize server outages. Security patches deemed critical may be applied outside the pre-defined maintenance window. Webworx will not be responsible for any application failure, downtime or issues resulting from these mandatory updates.
- Provide operating system technical support and problem resolution.
- Provide patch management for installed OS software. Webworx will install, support, maintain the installation of patches, and manage the operating system of each server under this SLA.
- Maintain server security as per services pricing agreement.
- Assist with server lifecycle management. The virtual server specifications will be established based upon recommendations from the application vendor and Webworx server administrators. Webworx will work with the hardware representatives to obtain a quote for the customer that meets the application vendors’ requirements.
- Implement a data backup strategy that meets the business requirements for the customer.
- Provide basic system performance and network monitoring and troubleshooting. Operational monitoring is provided for all managed systems. The monitoring system is configured to display an alert to the Webworx Operators console daily if a critical error condition is detected on production systems as well as to send email alerts to responsible staff 24×7 for all systems managed by Webworx.
- Maintain a customer hardware and software inventory that will be updated at least quarterly.
- Create and maintain a site specific manual that will include server build documentation.
- Coordinate with other Departments and 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Provide basic application deployment and basic database administration. Webworx will provide initial assistance in setting up applications to the point of functioning properly. Webworx does not provide ongoing application support or development.
- Provide the customer contact with notification of service disruptions and emergency maintenance as soon as feasible.
- Review each service annually, or as agreed by both Webworx and the Customer, to evaluate the IT needs of the customer and provide appropriate recommendations.
- May provide root or administrative access to individuals designated by the Customer in order to perform application development.
In order to protect the interests and assets of Customer, Webworx may be required to render services beyond those described in this document. Such additional support is provided at the discretion of the Customer with consultation. This work may result in additional charges.
Customer responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- The customer is the owner of their data.
- Assign and maintain an on-site departmental technical contact (liaison) for Webworx. The technical contact will provide application support for the customer’s application or can act as a liaison to the customer’s application support group.
- Use the processes defined in Section 5 of this SLA for requesting help and services.
- Respond to Webworx staff inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Agree to a maintenance window for scheduled maintenance.
- Maintain compliance with all software licensing requirements. The Customer must provide the necessary access to software and training for specialized departmental or proprietary services where required.
- Consult with Webworx before making hardware or software purchases related to supported systems. Hardware or software purchased by the customer either without Webworx consultation may not be supported by Webworx Staff under the standard SLA agreement.
- Adhere to a hardware and software lifecycle which meets or exceeds the minimum configuration requirements for the systems supported for the customer based upon recommendations provided by Webworx.
- Maintain hardware warranties or provide timely payment for repair charges (T&M) for any Customer provided equipment covered under the agreement, and pay for software costs associated with required upgrades for new features or security concerns.
- Responsible for the development, installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, upgrade, troubleshooting and security of their business software. Any assistance requested from Webworx required to meet these obligations may involve a T&M charge.
- Any changes made to a system/service not reviewed by Webworx and result in assistance from Webworx may be subject to a T&M charge.
- Responsible for communicating specific service availability and any service interruptions or outages to application users.
10. Webworx Service Levels
Webworx Service levels include:
- Operational support with no reasonable risk of causing disruption of a service will take place during normal business hours, M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- E-mailing the customer assigned address will automatically generate a case in the Webworx Help Desk ticketing system. Customers will receive an automated response with a case number for follow-up reference. Other forms of contact may affect Webworx ability to respond in a timely manner.
- After-Hours requests for support and emergency support will be fulfilled on a best-effort basis. Priorities will be determined by Webworx staff based on urgency and level of impact.
- Occasionally, it is necessary for Webworx staff to escalate a problem to another entity. In these instances, Webworx staff cannot guarantee the response time of the other entities. Webworx staff will continue to act as the contact point for cases that require support from an outside department.
- Webworx will prioritize and process incoming incident requests if it meets any one of the following criteria within covered service hours: Webworx Staff response to priority requests or incidents may delay response to other requests.
o Number of people affected.
o Percentage of total tasks that can no longer be performed by individuals.
o Risk to safety, law, rule, or policy compliance.
- Should there be a dispute about service rendered; escalations can be requested by the Customer to the direct management of Webworx.